Saturday 23 January 2016

Hello Weekend ... I'm so happy to see you!


Did I mention how much I LOVE Saturday mornings?

Here at Barlow Towers we all have to be up and out of the door pretty early during the week, which is not a problem for Mr B as he is always up at stupid o'clock anyway, but for Ethan and I (who are not morning people) it is a killer!  So at the weekends, whilst I am still awake early, I love nothing better than getting back in bed with a steaming cup of coffee & my iPad to catch up with everybody's news, read blogs and news articles that I might have saved during the week, watch The Pioneer Woman on the Food Network (every week I swear I am going to make at least one of her dishes and never do) and generally make the most of the fact that I have nothing to do and all day to do it in! Bliss!  I have to confess that the coffee is usually made and delivered by The lovely Mr B, (who has already been up for hours) often followed a little while later by my favourite Saturday breakfast ... a toasted bagel with honey walnut cream cheese  ... so I'm spoiled ... what can I say?!

This morning was no different (except the bagel was cinnamon & raisin) but was enjoyed all the more because I have had a dreadful cold for the past week and so dragging my sorry backside out of bed just after 6 every morning has felt particularly gruelling.  When I turned on the TV today thought, I was reminded once again just how fortunate we are to live in Arizona as the news was all about 'Winter Storm Jonas' - a massive snow storm currently slamming the East Coast where some areas are due to get 30-40" of snow before the weekend is out!  





Meanwhile in Arizona ... Lol!


Otherwise it's been a pretty quiet week as I have not felt like doing anything due to constant sinus headaches, a running nose and generally feeling pants for days on end. I should quit complaining  though as there are so many people who are far worse off than me.  As I write this, Mr B is at a memorial for a colleague he had got particularly close to since we moved to Arizona and who tragically lost his battle with cancer last week leaving behind a wife and three children.  Heartbreaking.  Sadly, I never got to meet him as time ran out before we could arrange the get together that the boys had been planning, but it certainly helps you put things in perspective and serves as a startling reminder of just how precious life is and how little time we have.  We owe it to ourselves to make every second count.  


Be nice to each other and hope to see you again next time!

TTFN
Bev x

No comments:

Post a Comment