Saturday 17 December 2016

Birthday Blessings ... !

Hello friends - welcome back! 

So this week another birthday came and went - and one where Ethan took great delight in reminding me at every available opportunity, that I would now qualify for the Senior's discount at Safeway ... cosmic.  At this point I would just like to point out that I have certainly NOT reached my sixties quite yet - apparently 55 is the new 60 as far as the grocery stores around here are concerned and if you are prepared to shop on a Wednesday and battle with Supergran and Captain Birds Eye you can get 10% off your shopping.  Suppose it might be worth doing a booze run on a Wednesday from now on ....

I managed to pack in a fair few birthday celebrations before the weekend was out.  I already mentioned the ABBA factor in last week's edition, but then on Saturday afternoon, Mr B whisked us all off to The Arizona Biltmore to spend the rest of the weekend being waited on and pampered in 1930's Frank Lloyd Wright splendor!  (despite the Teen whining and complaining about having to be being dragged everywhere with parents who were clearly embarrassing behind belief and how he would be quite alright at home on his own ... nice try Sunshine!) 

Wow!  I turned out to be a very lucky girl indeed, especially as Mr B had mentioned it was a birthday treat and the hotel had put us all in the Presdiential Suite!  (The Teen immediately perked up upon discovering that he had his own room and there was free Wifi)

View from our room ...
Nice touch ...

After a few hours lazing by the pool in the warm December sunshine, reading my book and enjoying a late lunch with a margarita (or two), we retired to our 'apartment' to sit on the balcony and enjoy the sunset ... accompanied by the complimentary bottle of red which the hotel had kindly left in our room ... hic!

Beautiful ...!

A little while later, (with grumpy Teen in tow) we headed off to enjoy more drinks outside by the fire before dinner.  What could be better than sitting by a warm fire, next to a sparkly Christmas tree with a glass of bubbly and those who you hold near and dear beside you?  (Well, the addition of Eldest would have made the evening complete but sadly I'll have to wait until February for that :()




After breakfast and a spot of Christmas shopping in the mall next door we headed home to unpack and do a quick change ready for our next event ... the Newcomers Christmas Party.



The Teen had unsurprisingly turned down the invitation to accompany us, declaring that he would rather 'poke himself in the eye with a red hot poker' (rude), a decision which was only reaffirmed when we appeared dressed and ready to go...

Falalallama ...!

I had no idea what the dress code was and suddenly had a vision of Delboy and Rodney bursting into Harry's wake dressed as Batman & Robin as The Barlow's arrived to find everyone in full evening dress, LOL!  Better get out the jingle bell antlers and the flashing lights then to be on the safe side ...



The final event was on Monday, my actual birthday when we went to the cinema to see  Arrival, a sci-fi film about ... well, I'm still not sure what it was about to be honest.  I think it was a film about aliens landing on earth to communicate with humans, but I couldn't be certain.  It was all too far fetched for me.  Give me a nice Rom Com any day of the week ...



This weekend's 'treat' is apparently tickets to the Cardinals NFL game on Sunday afternoon as Mr B has been invited by a business partner and encouraged to bring Mrs B ... oh lucky lucky me!  (Hopefully there will be alcohol involved or else I may be using that red hot poker ... )

Watch this space!

TTFN
Bev x




No comments:

Post a Comment