Sunday 31 May 2015

Home Alone ... Deserted in the Desert!

So whilst Mr B has been away in South Africa this week on holiday business, some of us  have been hard at work unpacking more boxes (29 to be exact), trying to find homes for contents of said boxes (just be careful when you open a cupboard as I got bored after the first couple) and then wrestling with brown sticky tape and scissor blades to try and condense the same into a tidy pile of cardboard in a garage as hot as a glass blower's armpit! (Actually I mostly failed on that last part and think you might have some work to do there Mr B ... soz!).  Add to this the fact that as we had only been in the house for just over a week when Mr B left, every strange noise I heard in the night was either a burglar, a deadly reptile/animal/insect or a serial killer, it's a wonder I haven't turned to drink! ... Oh wait ....

In other news, a further visit to the paediatrician's office after Ethan was recalled for another 2 'mandatory' vaccinations before school ... Hepatitis A & B this time (I honestly don't know how he has managed to stay alive all this time without them all ... *winks*) and supervising the delivery of patio furniture and BBQ, which was not as straightforward as you might think.  
Me to Delivery driver "if I open the garage door, could you put them just inside please?"
"Oh no sorry, we're not allowed to take it over the threshold"
"Sorry, what?"
"I could call my manager and see if you can upgrade to the threshold service"
"What? No! .... Where are you supposed to put them then?"
"We just have to put them outside your front door"
"But, I don't want them outside my front door.  My husband is away and I can't carry them all in the house by myself.  That's ridiculous! Can you not just put them inside the garage ... which is actually much nearer than taking them to the front door??!"
"No sorry.  I'm not allowed to do that as its over the threshold.  Would you like to upgrade to the threshold service?"
"What? No I would not!" Wa*#%**!  B*#%**!!  (The remaining narrative has been cut to avoid potential offence)  ... "OK fine, just leave it outside the front door"
Delivery driver clearly then surveys distance from van to front door .... and then van to garage ... penny drops ... *taps on front door* ... 
"Erm .... I can put them in the garage for you if you like... but don't tell anyone"
Funny that.





In addition to manhandling mountains of cardboard and dealing with stroppy delivery drivers, Ethan and I have also been working hard on our restaurant research this week (I know ... it's been tough, but we managed to get a fair bit done).  Finally today, we spent a fun afternoon with our friend John at a random art gallery at ASU (Arizona State University) where we happened upon a box of dressing up props (see? random) followed by a spot of bowling and dinner at Lo Lo's Chicken and Waffles.  Yes.  That is chicken ... and waffles .. on the same plate ... with maple syrup!  


Still, Mr B is due back tomorrow to keep us in check before we get too out of hand, so I am sure order will be restored ... better just watch that last episode of Celebrity Wife Swap and Batchelorette ...  !



No comments:

Post a Comment