Saturday 26 September 2015

Uh-oh ... urine trouble ...!

So this week I went on another 'field trip' with my friend John, exploring another couple of store, the first of which was Fry's Electronics.

The best comparison I can make would be to a HUGE Curry's Superstore or similar.  It had everything .. well ... er ... electronic .. from TVs to fridges to computers to games to kids toys to urine spray ... wait ... back up ... urine spray???!

Ewwww!
We also found a nifty little gadget for those men who can't aim straight in the middle of the night (read pissed) ... yes really!  It was a very random kind of a store and another one of those that we were lucky not to have been thrown out of as we were continually doubled up in the aisles laughing ... ahem.


Next stop was an Asian Food market.  This had all kinds of interesting ingredients (plus the obligatory Made in China plastic tat), and reminded me a bit of a Saturday morning down Tooting market!  There were 15 types of eggplant (aubergines to you and me), ladies fingers and all manner of strange looking vegetables which could have been gentleman's toes for all I knew!  I did find a jar of Harissa paste in the 'Mediterranean' section though which I had been hunting for for a while ... not quite sure which bit of 'Asia' that falls under but having previously noted that Geography lessons are missing from the school curriculum here, I rest my case.

I also got to go to a Scrapbook Convention this week with some of the lovely ladies from the Scrapbook group that I have joined.  The plan was that we would 'car pool' down to the convention, go for lunch afterwards and then get back in time for the various school pick ups later in the afternoon.  Except, as Ethan's school helpfully finishes at 1.15pm on a Friday,  I elected to take my own car so that I could leave earlier and collect him in time on the way back (after double checking with him several times that there were no activities that he wanted to go to after school that afternoon ... apparently not)

"Oh well, if you're sure.  Still come to the meet up point though, then you can follow us down and you won't get lost"

OMG!!! Have you ever tried to follow someone who appears to be auditioning for the next Fast and Furious film and you don't know where you are going?!  Luckily, I had also programmed the Convention Center into the GPS which was handy, as I had to abandon all hopes of trying to keep up with her after the first 10 minutes.  Ironically though, I pulled into the car park right behind her ... the tortoise and the hare and all that ;) ...

It was a fun morning out though and I did come home with a few goodies of the paper variety ... er .. Mr B, if you are reading this, it was just the one ... and it was practically free **coughs and walk away whistling**

Just as everybody was about to head off to the restaurant for lunch, I received a text from Little Lord Fauntleroy, advising that he was staying on at school after all for some of the Homecoming activities ... you don't say ... and could I collect him later, around 3 ... **mutters expletives**

Oh well, at least I would be able to join the other ladies for lunch after all.  They are a fun bunch and even though I might have had to grit my teeth and smile sweetly through the predictable 'Harry Potter' references and the assumptions that  'all British food is bland and tasteless' it was nice to be part of a girls day out again, after 6 months of male company (no offense chaps).  Although, I think I might stick with my own driving on any future excursions thank you very much!

Have a great week dear friends and see you at the other end!
TTFN
Bev x





No comments:

Post a Comment