Saturday 14 May 2016

10 Pin Scrolling ...!

Hi and welcome back!  I hope you are all enjoying a lovely weekend.   Here in Scottsdale things are heating up and today is our third day in a row of triple digit temperatures.  Phew!

So what do you do when it is hotter than hell outside?   Stay inside in the cool of the air conditioning and get busy with some indoor activities, for example tidying & sorting closets;  re-organising kitchen cupboards (so that I don't get attacked by kamikaze spice jars every time I open the door!); stitching up the hem on that pair of trousers that keeps getting caught in the back of my heel every time I wear them **makes cross face** ....

Well, that's what I should be doing, but who wants dull when they can have sparkle?  Any additional time I get to spend indoors means getting busy with sequins & glitter in the craft room replenishing my stash of greeting cards and catching up on my Project Life album or getting busy in the kitchen trying out all those recipes I keep saving from Pinterest!  Today, it was the latter.  Yes dear readers, today, whilst it was 101 degrees outside, I was busy making ..... ice cubes with leftover wine to add to casseroles and stews later?  (incidentally, the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard of ... who has leftover wine?); fiddly houses made from some no bake rice krispie concoction, decorated with tiny sweets and immaculately piped icing?  No.  Today, on one of the hottest days of the year so far, I was making this ...... !


It is called 'Apple Pie Bake' from BuzzFeed, but is actually nothing at all like a pie and has never even been near a crumb of pastry, however it was absolutely scrumptious (even if we were all sweating by the time we had eaten it)!  It was the simplicity of the recipe and the short list of ingredients that appealed to me - largely cinnamon roll dough & caramelized apples - and once I had also watched the accompanying 1 minute video (click on the photo above if you also want to be drooling!) I was sold (plus as I also happened to have two packets of Cinnamon Roll dough in the fridge that needed using up it would have been rude not to!).  OMG, it was so good and got a thumbs up from everyone.

So this week I have another list for you ... some of my favorite things discovered on Pinterest (I have lost days surfing Pinterest!).  It was really hard trying to choose just 10 ... even the process of deciding which ones to include had me gambling off down tangent avenue, oooh-ing and aaah-ing over more discoveries!

10."Bug Off" in a jar!  Add floating candles, citronella oil, mint, lemon, lime & rosemary to some water in a glass jar.  Perfect for keeping the bugs away for a summertime party or BBQ.



I also found a Christmas version of this (without the citronella) using cranberries and christmas tree trimmings.  I made 3 and lined them up down the centre of my Christmas table :)





9. To avoid tangles in your necklaces when you travel, slip the chain through a drinking straw.  Genius! Mine were always getting in a knot which Mr B then very kindly had to untangle for me (impatient?  moi?!)


8. This was a revelation!  Weeds out the dross and finds what you are looking for faster.  (I had no idea what a 'tilde' was until I found this.  Who knew?!)


7. Carrot Cake.  I have made this several times and it truly is one of the best cakes I have ever made (and Mr B's favorite).  If you like carrot cake, it's a must!  You can find the recipe here


6. I try and remind myself of this every day :)



5. Travel Wall - Buy a map or postcard from each place you visit and frame it.   Love this idea!



4. And of course Pinterest is full of stunning photography.  Pansies were amongst my Mum's favorites and as today would have been her birthday, these are for you Mum x



3. How many times have you wanted to reuse a pretty jar or bottle and struggled to get the bloomin' label off?  This worked like a charm.  I made up a batch and keep it in the cupboard in a small glass jar so that it's there when I need it.  It also worked a treat in removing the residue from a stubborn price label helpfully stuck onto the front of a picture frame!



2.  if only ...



1.   Finally, this could have been written about me and makes me laugh every time I see it ... LOL!




If you haven't ventured onto Pinterest street yet, then I can heartily recommend it.  You can find ideas and inspiration for any subject you are interested in, although be warned .... you may become addicted!  If you want to take a look at all the other pins I have saved, then you can click the link to my Pinterest site on the right hand side of this blog page.

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful week!

TTFN
Bev x

No comments:

Post a Comment